Motor Vehicle Accident Treatment Information

At U Thrive, we aim to get U feeling, moving and performing optimally.  This most certainly applies after a motor vehicle accident (MVA).  We are a unique multidisciplinary clinic dedicated to help you facilitate your health and wellness objectives.  We provide chiropractic, physiotherapy, massage therapy, acupuncture and fitness/personal training all under one roof.

If you have been invloved in a motor vehicle accident, things may seem a bit complicated so we are here to help.  If you have been injured in an MVA in Alberta, you are entitled to accident benefits coverage regardless of whether you were at fault or not for the accident.  You do not need to see your medical doctor before starting treatment.  You can get started with treatment right away by seeing any of our Chiropractors or Physical Therapists.  They are primary health care practitioners that can provide initial assessments and treatments.  We also offer direct billing to your automotive insurance company at U Thrive.

If you have been in an accident these are the steps to take.

  1. File an accident report with the police
  2. Contact your insurance company immediately and file both an accident claim AND an injury claim. At this time, you will be assigned a claims adjuster. 
    • You need to tell them you are filing for both since the adjuster that will be dealing with your vehicle claim is different then the adjuster who will be looking after your injury claim.
  3. Book an initial assassment with one of our Chiropractos or Physical Therapist. 
    • It is best to book an assessment within 10 days of the accident to access pre-approved treatment defined under the "Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols"
  4. Complete a Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim (Form AB-1). Our practitioners will complete an AB-2 Form and submit both forms to your insurance company.
    • Provide the clinic with the following information as soon as it becomes available to you
      • Name of insurance company 
      • Name of the adjuster dealing with your injury claim and all of their contact information (ie. Phone, Fax, and Email)
      • Claim number
      • The date of the accident


Other Facts: 

  • Forms are available at U Thrive or through your adjuster
  • If your injury is a strain, sprian or a whiplash associated disorder (WAD I or II), and depending on the severity of your injuries, you are entitled for up to 21 pre-approved treatments. These treatments can be any combination of chiropractic, physiotherapy, massage, or acupuncture treatment. 
  • You have 90 days from the day of the accident to receive the 21 treatments. 
  • If your symptoms have not improved after 90 days, a re-assessment will be done to request further treatment. 

If you have any questions or need some quidance with the MVA protocol, please contact our office manager, Talen Wilson. She can be reached by phone at 403-530-0000 or email at

 To book in for a treatment after a motor vehicle accident with one of our health care practitioners click the link below!

Appointments can be made online


Motor Vehicle Accidents